Friday 16 January 2015

A Boat Care Day

January 16, 2015

We woke up this morning to a beautiful day with lots of wind – “shall we sail today?” I ask my captain.  “Maybe after I fix the macerator”, he responds.

Well, here it is – 5:00 pm – and he’s been working on it all day unsuccessfully, though he’s tried everything except changing the pump. That’s next …

Meanwhile, I spent the day removing endless rust L. But we’re sitting here looking out at the gorgeous turquoise water and powdery beach, and I’m thinking, it could be worse - though it doesn’t feel much like a sailing vacation yet! Maybe tomorrow …


Here are pics of a hike we took yesterday to the monument this beach is named after, and the ocean on the other side of the hill – gorgeous! In case you can't make it out, that's a bald-headed eagle in the nest on top of the monument.








No comments:

Post a Comment