Wednesday 15 February 2017

Great Day on the Dock!

I didn’t think hanging out on the dock in the boatyard would provide anything worth writing about – but I was wrong!

We started the day with me doing some computer work and Jeff doing a ton of engine maintenance, as the wind was howling, and neither of us was tempted to venture outside.

But the afternoon gave me my first time “off “ since we arrived, and I spent it happily immersed in rehearsing choir music and watercolour painting (pic below). Then I had a business phone call, so I decided to take a walk along the dock while talking. I looked left and almost fell into the river, as I spotted an 8-foot-long alligator sunning on a wooden raft – a few feet from where I stood! I called Jeff, and we both watched the gator for 15 minutes – and he never blinked an eyelid (and yes, he was alive). The first picture below are of his eyes just above the water, yesterday.

Then, on the way back to the boat, we spotted four young people fishing off the dock – and they were pulling in bream and catfish, one after the other. I think they snagged 20 in the short time we were there.


We ended the day with a delayed Valentine’s dinner at Whitey’s Fish Cabin – about a 20-minute drive from the boatyard. The best seafood we’ve ever had - what a great day on the dock J!








No comments:

Post a Comment