Tuesday 21 January 2020

Seas Rippled



Years ago, when we sailed in Desolation Sound, off Vancouver Island, we listened to the weather forecast every day. And day after day, what we heard was “seas rippled” – meaning not a breath of wind, and very smooth water.

Well, that’s how it was yesterday, when we left for our 5-hour crossing of the Bahama Sound – out of sight of land, on smooth water, no wind and lots of sun. It was perfect, and here we are, safely ensconced in Cape Eleuthra Marina. This is our first stop, as we wend our way up the Eleuthra coast North to Spanish Wells. We celebrated by doing laundry, having hot showers and going out for a great dinner.

We’d spent last weekend waiting out yet another cold front for this weather. Lots of time to hang out reading, practicing choir music, doing yoga on the deck, waxing the boat’s fiberglass, talking to friends and relatives, etc. etc. The pics below are from walks we took around Highbourne Cay, except for the last one, which is what we saw as we traveled yesterday.

The most exciting thing I did on the weekend was to participate in a tournament on-line (my first). The game is Wordscapes – kind of a crossword puzzle, and every word you get gives you points. All weekend, 100 people participated, and I came 3rd, with almost 1900 points, and 250 point reward. The best part was, when I talked with my 10-year-old grandson, Levi, about it, he became more animated than in any conversation I’ve ever had with him. I guess I’ve discovered what turns his crank!



So we’re now entering a new adventure, exploring an island we’ve never seen. I should have lots of good stories to share in the next couple of weeks - stay tuned.










No comments:

Post a Comment